- This event has passed.
LifeRing Secular Recovery Virtual Annual Conference 2021
June 6, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
We’re excited to invite you and all members of the LifeRing Secular Recovery Community to join us on June 5th and June 6th for the “Meeting of Meetings!”
Last year was our first “virtual” assembly and kind of a crash course in Zoom meeting dynamics. This year, we practiced. Come for the technical hi-jinx — Stay for the meetings!
Register now for the Annual Meeting, Saturday, June 5th, 9:00am to 1:00pm Pacific Time
We have a terrific lineup of speakers, interactive breakout sessions, panels and a cameo appearance of LifeRing co-founder Marty Nicolaus!
- Marty Nicolaus — Retired JD, co-founder of LifeRing Secular Recovery and author of numerous recovery support books.
- Dr. KJ Foster — PhD in Counselor Education, founder and CEO of Fostering Resilience™. Best-selling author of The Warrior’s Guide to Successful Sobriety.
- Dr. Michele Kenny — PhD, certified Peer Recovery Supporter, and active LifeRing convenor and volunteer. Best-selling author of Keeping Cobid Sober: One Isolated Drinker’s Journey through a Quarantined Pandemic
- Convenors Panel — Representatives from different types of LifeRing meetings talk about their experiences and share convening best practices. Convening opportunities are explored.
- Committees Panel — Representatives from active LifeRing Committees talk about their directives and goals. Volunteer opportunities are explored.
- Breakout Session 1– Recovery by Choice: Domain X Topic
- Breakout Session 2– Tips for Convenors: Convenors from various meetings formats discuss convenor tips and tricks then open floor for questions
- Session 3 — Future of LifeRing in the Post-Covid World: Volunteer opportunities, LifeRing outreach, future online and F2F meetings
The LifeRing Congress is our annual business meeting. Here we select candidates for the LifeRing Board of Directors and decide on proposed changes to the LifeRing Bylaws. Congress will use these decisions to prepare an absentee ballot for voting by the LifeRing delegates. Look here for more information. This meeting is open to the registered public.
We’ll send out a formal agenda next week. Can’t wait to join these great speakers and sessions with you!
Meetings and Convenors Committee